UPDATED: MAY 1, 2018
1. Personal Information vs. Anonymous Information.
- 1.1 Personal Information. When using the AltroSmart Services, you may provide, and we may collect, certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, photo, phone number, credit card or other billing information, AltroSmart Device information, email address, and postal addresses. You may at any time refuse to provide the Personal Information that we request; however, this may limit our ability to sell you products or to provide the AltroSmart Services to you.
- 1.2 Anonymous Information. When using the AltroSmart Services, you may provide, and we may collect, information that is not associated with, or linked to, your Personally Identifying Information and that does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons (“Anonymous Information”).
2. Information We Collect and How We Use it.
- 2.1 Registration Information. When you register an account with AltroSmart, you are required to provide us Personal Information. We collect and store the following Personal Information in connection with the registration of an account: your first and last name, telephone number, email address, photo and physical address. You may provide additional information, such as additional photo, to customize or enhance your account. We use this information to provide the AltroSmart Services, to fulfill requests you make, to provide notifications, and to facilitate account related communications.
- 2.2 Guest Invitations. In connection with the guest invitation process, we may ask for access to your contact list. We will only store information for contacts that you add as guests. We will only access and store such information with your express consent.
- 2.4 Log File Information. Our servers automatically record certain information about how a person uses the Site (we refer to this information as “Log Data”), including both account holders and non-account holders. Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, location, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of the Site which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, frequency with which the Site is used by a user, search terms, the features and links on our Site that a user clicked on or used, and other statistics. We use this information to administer the Site and we analyze (and may engage third-parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Site by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences.
- 2.5 Site Behavioral Targeting / Re-targeting. We may employ and/or our third-party tracking utility company may employ software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), that help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is effective. These gifs (or other tracking technology) may be included in or associated with e-mails or other communications that you receive from us (or our partners) to help us track your response and interests and to deliver you relevant content and services. We may tie information gathered by clear gifs or other tracking technology to Personal Information. In some emails, we use tracking means, such as a “click through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
- 2.7 AltroSmart Device and AltroSmart Application Operation. We may record information relating to the setup, general performance, and operation of the AltroSmart Application and AltroSmart Devices you use, including AltroSmart Device status, logs of those who lock/unlock the AltroSmart Device, the guests that you invite, and those people who may invite you as a guest to use the AltroSmart Device and AltroSmart Application. We may store this data along with your Personal Information and other information about your use of the AltroSmart Services. We use this information to allow you (and us) to operate and monitor the AltroSmart Services.
- 2.8 Auto-Unlock. If you enable the Auto-Unlock feature, the AltroSmart Application will track your location using GPS to determine when your mobile device nears AltroSmart Devices that you have permission to access (for example, when you are near home). This information will only be stored on your mobile device, and not on our servers. This information will tell your mobile device to start listening for your lock more often (increasing the polling). This improves the AltroSmart Device’s performance and saves your mobile device’s battery life.
3. How We Share your Information.
- 3.1 Our Service Providers. We may employ third-party companies and individuals to administer and provide services on our behalf, (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, administration, marketing, support, hosting and database management services). These third-parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also partner with third-party analytics providers to enhance user experience on our Site. Our third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, may use both session cookies and persistent cookies, Log Data, and clear gifs to identify that you’ve logged in to the Site and to tell us how and when you interact with our Site.
- 3.2 Your Third-Party Services. If you access the AltroSmart Services through a third-party (for example, by managing your AltroSmart Device via your television remote or connecting your AltroSmart Device or AltroSmart Services to your home security system), use a third-party service provider in connection with the AltroSmart Services, or request or authorize us to give access or data to a third-party service provider (for example, a delivery service, property management or rental service, or other service that you may use) we may provide Personal Information (about you and your guests) and other information about the AltroSmart Services and your usage to such third-parties. You should only use trusted service providers, and give your authorization and information to trusted recipients. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and service terms of the third-party services that you use as their privacy policies and terms govern their usage of the information that you provide them. While we make reasonable efforts to protect your information while it is under our control but we have no obligation with respect to the functionality of such third-party services or the use of such information under control of these third-parties.
- 3.3 Information Shared with Other Users. If you invite a guest to access your AltroSmart Device, then we may share certain elements of your information with them (name, lock location, picture, etc.) for them to understand the invite and access the AltroSmart Device. We may also similarly share their information with you.
- 3.6 Guest Access. As part of the AltroSmart Services, you may give others (“guests”) permission levels to access your AltroSmart Devices. You must be careful of the guests that you invite and the access that you give them. You are responsible for all uses of your account, so be careful to secure this information and only give access to people you trust.
Certain portions of your Personal Information and AltroSmart Services information may be shared with guests, such as your name and lock location, and the status of the lock (for example, locked or unlocked). We may allow you and your guests to communicate with each other directly or via your virtual guest book, and will use your and their Personal Information for this purpose. Users can use the guest book to write thank you notes, leave instructions and read comments. You are responsible for contributions to the guest book. Others may see your contributions to the guest book. Use your good judgment about what you share.
- 3.7 Testimonials and Feedback. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org . If you provide us with comments or feedback we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail to send you a reply to improve the AltroSmart Services. If you send us a request (for example, via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we may use your information to contact you and provide support or a response. We also reserve the right to publish your request to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- 3.8 Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that would otherwise make such data personally identifiable to you. We may use Anonymous Information at our discretion and for any purpose. We may share Anonymous Information with the public or partners, for example, by providing or conducting research about fitness and health. When we provide or use this information, we employ procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from manipulating the data in a way that would re-identify it back to you.
4. Social Media Widgets.
5. Third-Party Links.
The AltroSmart Services may contain links to other websites or services. The fact that we link to a website or service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third-party. We do not exercise control over third-party websites or services. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the information you submit to them or that they collect. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit and services that you use.
6. Opting Out.
We will periodically send you e-mails that directly promote the use of the AltroSmart Services or to tell you about services, news or information we believe will be of interest to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at contact@Altrosmart.com .
The AltroSmart Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
8. Data Retention.
9. Changing or Deleting Your Information.
All AltroSmart users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by logging into their account and changing the “user preferences” associated with their account. Removing your information may limit our ability to provide the AltroSmart Services to you. If you completely delete all such information, your account will be deactivated and you may lose access to the AltroSmart Services. You may also contact us at contact@Altrosmart.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
Please note that even if you have asked us to delete your account or any associated information as described above, we may be required to keep your information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives or as otherwise required by law.
10. How We Respond to Do Not Track.
We do not collect Personal Information about visitor’s browsing activities across third-party websites or online services. Therefore, this Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
12. Business Transfers, Affiliates and Joint Ventures.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally-accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU PROVIDE YOUR INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.